Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Seribu tahun



This is one local song that I so fell in love with. Really. The music, melody and lyrics give me the goosebumps, however, the mtv failed to capture the true essence of the song.

This is a beautiful song - it made me visualise a beautiful epic film to go with it. It reminds me of one movie that I used to watch featuring the late Christopher Reeve and the elegant Jane Seymour. The title of the film is
  • Somewhere In Time and the byline captures it all - "He sacrifice life in the present to find love in the past." It's like waiting seribu tahun for that love, and in the case of this movie, it's literally finding love in a different century, crossing time through a thousand years. It's does not make common sense - the time travel thing - but then again, true embodied and passionate love should not make sense after all, isn't it? Anyway, it's a movie.

    I could figure a Malay movie of this nature - transforming love into another century. It will feature that guy who played Haikal (Razif Hashim) from Gol and Gincu and perhaps the enigmatic Tiara Jacquelina in an aged make-up effects. Of course, we would have a cameo appearance of Imran Ajmain as some bloke from the past in his polished baju kurung Telok Blangah and samping kain pelekat with high songkok.I'm sure he will look regal!
  • No comments: