Monday, January 13, 2014

Umrah 2013 - Day 5


It was a lovely breezy sunny day. It was also the final umrah sunat today and my men were ready. Hubby and Afzal were wearing half-ihram underneath their jubah however, we had a hard time convincing Aqil to try the ihram. Since he has not reached baligh, we let him be. 

I also managed to snap a pic of Afzal with Hussain, a senior schoolmate who is in the same travel group.

On the way to Hudaibiyah, where the miqat is, there was a stop at a camel farm. Aqil was excited. He had made friends with a toddler also named Aqeel, whom we fondly call as Aqil junior. Aqeel Junior is the son of an ex-colleague of mine, cameraman Azman Hamzah, while I was still working at the tv station.


Finally, up-close with the camels. Hubby bought a bottle of camels' milk and let Aqil tasted it. He didn't like it and none of us tasted the milk.


We then proceeded to Hudaibiyah where my two men prepared themselves for the umrah. 


Once we reached Masjidil Haram, an Ustaz led the congregation while Aqil and I headed back to the hotel. As much as I was happy and proud that hubby and Afzal could perform the umrah, I was feeling sad and emotional in the hotel room, as I could only watched the live feed of the pilgrims performing their tawaf. But He had his reasons, and after much reflection, I do believe that He granted my doa of an ease journey for the sake of my family. Subhanallah!

After lunch it was free and easy and since the boys needed some rest, I had made contact with an acquaintance, Eka Mairina who is living in Makkah, dutifully accompanying her husband who is posted at Fairmont Hotel. 


We met after asar at Fairmont and catched up on her life and old times. It felt goof to know someone who is living the Makkan lifestyle with pros and cons. Sociable and friendly Aqil made friends with sociable and friendly Azza, Eka's 4 year old son. Both boys hit it off very well, no introductions needed.

We had coffee until just before Maghrib. Eka and hubby offered to drive us around Makkah City but we were too tired and there was packing to be done as we will be heading to Madinah soon. But we know we will meet each other again whether in Makkah, Singapore or Jakarta, inshaAllah. 

No comments: