Monday, August 18, 2008

Mosque Building Fund

I don't mind giving to the mosque building fund, but if it just simply to beautify mosques but the mosques still remain unattractive to youth and the teaching pedagogy of the islamic classes is still not attractive to some others, I don't quite agree with having even a small portion of my income to this cause. I would prefer to give to "ilmu" - something that perhaps we cannot see with the naked eye because it is not physical, but it will benefit the community and our mankind in the long run.

I have had some feedback whereby mosque kindergartens are always in short of resources - materials for the children and classrooms and lack of trained teachers. Another grapevine I hear is that, which is of course without evidence, that kids that come from mosque kindergartens are not able to read as well.

I would rather give a portion of my income to enhance the resources of the mosque kindergartens and the skills of their teachers. But not merely to enlarge, rebuild and beautify mosques!

No comments: