Monday, May 17, 2010

Genius in the making

Custom Search

I've blogged about Glenn Doman before, and am using some of its methods now, though not fervently. I have also purchased the encyclopaedic materials from The Institute of Human Potential from the US, and that sets me back by a hefty hundred dollars. Recently, however, I've discovered the GeniusMaker which is a downloadable software that has words, pictures, dot cards and more. It is a flashcard programme similar to Glenn Doman, and perhaps the Shichida method if you have heard of him.

Truth be told, I don't quite appreciate the Shichida method as compared to Glenn Doman. This was because when I went to the Shichida parent seminar about 8 years ago when Afzal was about 2 years old, I was quite put off by some remarks and comments made by the lady owner who brought Shichida to Singapore. And besides, I am wary of methods that used some form of hypnosis in wanting to reprogram your child's brain. Some Shichida parents may not agree with me but there would also be other parents who don't quite agree with the flashcard program.

I do believe that flashcard program works, as I know of people who have used the Glenn Doman methods, and their children's success are testimony that Glenn Doman works. However, in raising our children to be gifted and geniuses, we have to incorporate other creative strategies in nurturing our kids. And to me, flashcard is just one of the many workable methods or tools in nurturing our young kids.

I have not bought the GeniusMaker but I am wondering whether I should cos it is very affordable and will be a good investment for Aqil and perhaps more bubs in the future. I'm sure it takes away the many hours of trying and struggling to make some of the resources myself, and these self-made resources may not come cheap. This software is also usable in the school environment, so if anyone has a preschool, the GeniusMaker could be one of the tools used in the preschools, and I really hope that our Malay/Muslim based preschools might consider using this software as well.

Click here to find more about the GeniusMaker.

No comments: