Saturday, May 14, 2005

Signed and Sealed

My house has been rented out. It was signed and sealed last night for a period of 1 year. The tenant is a Chinese couple, whereby the husband has just completed his Phd in Engineering at the university and has been offered a job there as well. The wife is a trained lawyer with a masters degree. But her masters is not applicable here so she is planning to take her masters in Singapore again. They have a 2 and half year old daughter. Looks like a pleasant couple and I hope they will take care of my house. Since they have a child, they like Afzal's room and I did not need to take down the alphabets foam and posters. Anyway, Afzal's room has a nice crescent moon lamp and I stick little stars and planets on the top wall so when the lights are off, it glows in the dark. The couple also wanted Afzal's whiteboard easel, the IKEA table and chair, and the husband even asked if we could leave some toys for their daughter. Well, at least they didn't ask for too much things ... just little things for their dear girl. As much as I want to rent out my place, for reasons that I know too well, I feel kind of sad though plus tired and overwhelmed with all the packing. Hubby, you hear me....

No comments: