Thursday, April 20, 2006

The final leg

The luggages are packed, and the house is almost litter-free. I have to get rid of all the food from the fridge, cabinets, and even all the itsy-bitsy stuff that we have accumulated for the short span of 11-12 months.

Adem's mother have asked whether we have leftover groceries, and the groceries that we and the other Muslim families have not decided to bring back home amount to many boxfuls of unused and half-used items. She is fine with even half-used items because she says she trust us being Muslims. We also gave Adem a white board, a set of badminton racket with shuttlecocks and a small chair. All these were Afzal's stuff and Afzal was willing to let it go.

And we had our big and final dinner at Carrabba Italian Grill earlier today because I have "hung up my wok". However I still roast half a chicken tonight for something on the sky. Because most times the food provided by the North American airlines are not palatable at all.

I don't think I can sleep well tonight for I have so many thoughts racing in my mind. I'm afraid I may have forgot to pack some things. And true enough as I was typing this, I ran to my room and checked one of our drawers, and there are 4 newly bought watches that are happily sitting in the drawers! It was hubby's repsonsibility to pack them and it seems that it had slipped his mind. Kalau kita dah sampai Singapore, nangis tak berlagu nampaknya.

Needs to check and recheck. And so much trash to send to the dump too.

3 comments:

Mama Rock said...

i finally finished reading all your entries today. have a safe trip home and keep blogging when you are back in singapore.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I'm late to wish you a safe trip...which I believe by now, you have safely arrived. Take it easy, Maria...I know how it feels..

Mrs Mum said...

Thanks Mama Rock and Apples
Will try my best to keep on blogging... Yet to feel settled back.