Thursday, April 13, 2006

Let's talk about happy stuffs

I was feeling so pissed yesterday that I told myself to sleep over it and maybe I would feel better when I wake up. I woke up with a heavy heart, and still reeling from the left overs. But it's so over now, well almost.

Let's talk about happy stuffs.

My tree is in its glorious green shades this spring. No pics here but will take a walk tomorrow to capture the tree that stands in front of the house.

I cooked a full spread of Malay dishes yesterday morning (before the pissing began..hehe). We had white rice with beef rendang, sambal goreng and bergedil, plus the serunding that has been frozen in the refrigerator since last Raya (note: I think it was two months before raya but it still tastes good). I was so tired after the cooking, really. I mean the three combination above is no easy feat for a novice cook like me. But it was well worth it. And after being pissed, gorging after the rendang tastes all the better.

Today I didn't cook because there were still so much food left.

Tomorrow, I planned to make tom yum soup for hubby. And maybe grill or microwave the salmon for Afzal. Also, I was planning to make white mee hoon (mee hoon putih) and fried chicken so that hubby can bring to work since they are having sort of 'farewell' party in his unit. And since hubby and his one other Malay/ Muslim colleague will not be able to eat the food that they themselves are buying for their local colleagues, I'm making the above for them.

Now that it's Spring, the swimming pool is opened again but I've yet to bring Afzal there, and also a dip for myself ...that will be so refreshing but I will have to wait for another week for me, geddit? If you geddit, there goes the hope of a bun in the oven...maybe next month?

2 comments:

simah said...

yeah...next month may be the month..how many kids r u planning to have...?
yup it is spring!!..Happy happy thoughts in spring!! Spring is always my fav...:0)

Mrs Mum said...

Maybe 2 or 3 or...well for now, I'm praying for my second one. Pray for me also, can? Hehe.