Monday, May 12, 2008

Destiny detoured...

After I came home last Thursday, I did not return to The Alchemist. I have bought The Alchemist and two other paperbacks at the same time at an MPH sale at the Expo and on that Thursday evening, one of the paperbacks still tightly wrapped in its clear plastic beckoned me.

It was another of those 'destiny' book, and for that night alone, I read 48 pages of it as compared to 28 pages of The Alchemist on the first day of reading. However, you can't compare one with the other as one is a work of fiction, while the other is a non-fiction.

After ploughing 48 pages, I am glad to say that I was less perturbed about my own situation. You would understand the situation if you have read the previous blog entry. It made a difference in the way I see things. Within that hour or so, and after 48 pages, a more positive mind emerge from me.

I should have read it much earlier. What power that book has given me - if it's only to make me feel better. Thanks to Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki.

1 comment:

ghoose said...

treasure lies where your heart belongs..........

when you
really want
something
to happen,
the
whole universe conspires
so that your wish comes true......