Friday, December 30, 2005

What shall I talk about?

At times I feel that I have so much to say but when I hit the keypads, the words get totally lost. Things seemed to be churning in my mind, but how I wished I can just spit it out on print. Alas, it is not so.

So where shall I start? Shall I talk about my trip to Atlanta, where we found a Mustafa-Center-like Global Mall in the heart of the city. And when I say Mustafa-Center-like meaning it was a little building that has everything from Hollywood Videos to tosei and punjabi suits and Indian salons. It's so weird somehow, like suddenly stepping into a different place and time zone amidst the few minutes drive to CNN studio center, and billboards of "Daisy does America" and "Anderson Cooper on 360".

Or shall I talk about how I met an old friend online? I knew she has been a blogger but I did not decide to drop by her blog and comment until yesterday, and how the past just jolted back into my memory. The past about how I was still single and trying to make it in KL and I met her. She was also trying to break into the KL scenes plus a few personal reasons of her own, and spent a night at my apartment. Alas, KL was too much of a culture shock for me. Truly, despite being Malay and having almost the same identity in many ways, it was a culture shock that I returned to Singapore after only five months. Then we met again and worked together in many tv related projects, that we stayed overnight in an editing suite in a Joo Chiat shophouse, and told our life stories to each other. Got cheated out of our pay and all that. But after reading her blog, it's amazing how life has turned out to be good for her in many ways. Alhamdullillah, and I'm so happy for her.

Or maybe I should just rant about my transit life here in Mobile, or about my dearest son who is tirelessly playful but just sometimes too much for me to handle, or about my own paranoia and insecurities as a mom, or even mundane stuff about the suddenly hot winter in Mobile. Perhaps I should just count my blessings, and instead of ranting, feel grateful for the things that I have and have experienced, for there would be many others who will envy the position and the current *profession* that I am in.

Whatever it is, the grass always seems greener on the other side, but I find comfort in a borrowed phrase, "because we are not there to see it on that side of the fence."

Amin.

1 comment:

Ruby M. said...

Allah is indeed generous. he fulfilled yet another of my wishes to get in touch with u. subhanallah. :)