Wednesday, October 05, 2005

First Fast

Alhamdullillah, it was a great first fast today in a foreign land. I woke up at 3.30 am because Tahir had to leave for work at 4.30am. I warmed up the leftover chicken rice, and we just had a little bit of rice and chicken. There were still leftover chicken. After Tahir left, I couldn't sleep so I surfed the net until it was time for Subuh. I still couldn't sleep so I was on the laptop until it was time to wake Afzal up for school ...well, in fact he woke up himself just like five minutes before 6 am wet from his pee, and I got him to hit the showers. After Afzal left for school, I just lazed around the house figuring out what mess I should get in order today. Let the mess be! Felt like sleeping but it was sleep interrupted. Got a long distance phonecall. Surfed the net, did some laundry, cleaned the kitchen, do some other stuffs and prepare the stuffs to cook for break fast. I finally decided to make porridge, not bubur asyura but just my own variation of my mom's porridge recipe. I added a little bit of mince meat and prawns so that it felt like as if we're having bubur masjid for buka just like back in Singapore. Also, made beef steak too... those beef, potato and cabbage in chilli and tomato sauce best eaten with french loaf. We didn't have french loaf but after the porridge, I only manage a slice of bread with the beef steak. Both meals turned out quite nice despite the fact that I was not able to taste it. So nikmat!

No comments: