Saturday, October 08, 2005

Lame Excuse

This morning, as my little Barnacle-inspired kid is combing his hair preparing to go to school, I told him he did not split the sides properly. So I recombed his hair neatly and guessed what he said,"This is kinda lame." "What do you mean by that?" as this mom, who was NOT surprised by what he said but kinda taken aback by what he actually meant when he used that expression. The things going through my mind was "Mom, what I did was fine, it's kinda lame that you recombed it the same way!" OR "Mom, you are so banal (insipid, lacking in taste, style)."

When I asked him what he meant, the usual "It means boring!"

Such a lame excuse coming from my kindergartner, and there is no excuse for any child to think that what the mom does for him is always boring...yes it was a neat hairdo, but it is definitely appropriate for a child his age and for school. Have I become so momsy ...but momsy is good isn't it?

No comments: