Monday, October 10, 2005

Which desperate housewife are you?

I was just thinking to myself that whatever quiz that you take, it should reflect you, and it should not matter at which point in life you are UNLESS the change that you are going through makes you a really different person.

You see, I took this desperate housewife quiz twice before when I was still working as a research associate like just last May, and twice I was a different housewife. I was a Bree and an Edie. As I was joking to Sue, maybe I was a "Stepford-wife-wannabe with a sexy siren screaming inside waiting to get out". Now, after being a SAHM for over 4 months, I'm a Susan, "the rather neurotic mother of one" and somehow I tend to think it does reflect me now. Being at home most of the time, all the time, here makes me really neurotic, and why I say this is also because I retook the online IQ test, and guess what, my IQ score has dropped by a whopping 4 points.

I think it's because I am using less of my grey matter. I am in an environment that is less adrenalin pumping as before but not necessarily less stressful. The stress is of a different nature now. I don't feel stupid but I feel 'lack of a better use'. Frankly speaking, I don't make a good housewife in the housewifely sense...my kuah lodeh sucks, and I can train my eyes to see beyond the dirt that's accumulating at the corners of my house. Hubby has totally, and I mean totally leave all household duties to me. Maybe he helped a bit, just by folding the laundry. Even teaching Afzal has been my duty ... and I mean not only the English but the Malay and the doa ...where is hubby in this part? Other than that, I know despite being a SAHM, I think I can do more - stretch my imagination, stretch my creativity, my mind, my cerebral cortex but there isn't seem to be an outlet for all these except this blog and the other blog and this laptop that I could furiously typed. And that's about it. What an inane existence! Not for long, I hope. So maybe I have a bit of each of the housewives' desperations...HELP!

BTW, Desperate Housewives second season is now showing on ABC at 8 CT, Sundays.

No comments: