Saturday, May 05, 2007

Four months and a week after having her...

I'm having doubts that I can have a chummy relationship with the domestic helper. Not that I was expecting to be a buddy with her, but at least, an understanding employer. She was ok, I thought. And I see a possibility of renewing her contract after two years. But I couldnt help feeling angry with her for not telling me straight that she made a hole in one of my scarves during ironing, and not a cheap one at that. I asked her what she did the whole day, but nothing of burning a hole in my scarf came up until much later in the night, when I realised she hasn't washed a pailful of scarves that was left in the morning in the laundry. We left her alone in the house in the morning and came back very late at night, and what was she doing the whole time? Her excuse was the clothes on the line were still not dried yet so she did not do the washing as there will be no place to hang them. I think this is rubbish, as usually she would hang them on hangers and hang it at the yard if the clothesline were full.

This may be a small tiny matter that does not personally require her to be sent back to the agency, but because of the "forget to pick Afzal up once incident", "a few times waking up later than me with the excuse that the alarm clock never ring", "her handphone issue" yes HER handphone, "another handphone issue", and the "two bright red underwear", I'm very suspicious and cautious of her.

This girl has worked here for four years in some other household before. I believed she loved the colour red, as the first time I picked her up, she was wearing a red scarf but has since not put any scarf on while working with me, though I have never stopped her from wearing them. She claimed her handphone that she bought from her previous work here is red which was kept by the agency and she will only be able to get it back after working for three months provided her work is good. So she's been bugging me to get her handphone back from her agency. But the agency claimed that they have misplaced or lost her handphone blah blah blah.

I actually gave her one handphone for use in case I need to get in touch with her or my son. But I specifically told her it's not for her personal use. If she wishes to call home, she has to inform me first, and she can use my handphone for that. But I checked the handphone that I gave her for our use and there was a call made to her brother on Apr 27, and just today, her brother smsed her twice using that handphone number. I'm beginning to feel that she is not telling the truth or she is doing things behind my back and not informing me.

I used to be nicer to her, but of late especially after she burned my scarf and woke up late again, my conversations with her is just purely instructions to do this and that. I think she realised that as well and have not made much small talk with me too. She is definitely guilty of something...

Hmmmm, so tell me...

2 comments:

Vanda said...

Hi, I stumbled upon your blog last fri, as a link from someone else's blog. A nice read. One of my entries happen to have the same title as one of yours - what's in a name :O)

Mrs Mum said...

Hi, nice to meet you. Didnt think mine was interesting enuf for u to link me. Thanks :)