Thursday, May 03, 2007

When words matter ...

Hubby is a strange person. He is not endowed with the gift of the gab, but that does not mean he is not good with words. He is not the expressive sort, and yet he used to write short stories in Malay, comic strips in Malay and even contribute his own political analysis of situations in Malay to various local and overseas newspapers. But when asked him to talk, he gagged. When asked him to express his love for me in written form especially when it comes to my birthday cards, he will just find a nice card with nice words, and add my name on top and sign off with his name below. That's my hubby for you. Anyway, after nearly seven years with him, I did not request him to write any lovey-dovey stuff anymore but my birthday card this year is really sweet. I'm so touched. It means so much to me. Eventhough the words were not his, he bought it because it expresses his feelings so accurately and so aptly that he even blancoed two words on the card. The reason being it was a phrase from the bible, and another word, he replaced it with Allah.

I'm glad that I'm a blessing to him. And our love is a blessing from HIM.

No comments: